Can I get a refund on a race entry I can't use any more?
The simple answer is no, but you can usually transfer your entry to another person who does want it. For more information about why this is the case, you will need to read the terms and conditions of entry for our races which is on this site.
Do you have to be good to join a running club?
No, not really is the short answer, but there is more to it than that.
Obviously there are some runners in running clubs who are very good, and this can give the impression that everybody in a running club is really good, but this isn't the case. Results of races generally show that most of the top 10% of a race will be in some kind of club. However, our club has runners who are lower down the tables. Our club record for 10K is well under 35 minutes, but we have a number of members for whom breaking the hour is a good day 'at the office'. So why do they join the club?
- Our running club has members who join us to start running - they get the advantages of good coaching advice from day 1 of their running career and many find that they improve rapidly.
- Running can be a social activity - sometimes its more fun, easier to train and more beneficial to train in a group - even if you just want to maintain fitness and not improve it too much.
- Not all running is racing. A good trail run out on the hills can be a great way to see the countryside and its always safer with three or more people.
- Some of us are members to help run and organise running events, to help with the Junior athletes, or to coach.
- Some know without the motivation of the club they wouldn't carry on running.
- It's cheaper to take part in races if you are a member of a club and you affiliate to the governing body.
So, there we go - we aren't all elite, but if you are, then it might be good to join a club to make the most of your talent.
Who are you affiliated to?
We affiliate to the major organisations involved in Running and Athletics.
We are affiliated to UK Athletics (UKA) and the South of England Athletic Association (SEAA). We are considering joining England Athletics (EA) and the Association of Running Clubs (ARC). We are members of the British Association of Road Races (BARR) and hence all our road races are BARR events.
Sign up to the Thanet Roadrunners AC newsletter for regular club news, announcements and more.
|Mountain Bike Duathlon 2013||13 Jan 13|
|Thanet 20 mile 2013||03 Mar 13|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2013 - round 2||28 May 13|
|Harbour Wallbanger 2013||13 Jul 13|
|Fosters Law Kent Coastal Marathon and Half Marathon 2013||01 Sep 13|
|Alan Green Memorial 10 Mile Race 2013||01 Dec 13|
|Mountain Bike Duathlon 2014||12 Jan 14|
|Track Training||23 May 13|
|Kent Track & Field Championships 2013||25 May 13|
|24hr Challenge 2013||25 May 13|
|Park Run||25 May 13|
|Folkestone Coastal 10K 2013||26 May 13|