Author Topic: Happy New Year everyone :)  (Read 2328 times)

tomlinsonp

Happy New Year everyone :)
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
For those that dont know me I used to be a member of the club way back in 1987 at the t age of 17, and then left to go to invicta east kent in the 1990. I was running at a high level clocking 52.30 for 10 miles, 31.30 for 10 km  and 15.20 5km. Unforunately in 1993 I had to give up running as I had an eating disorder (anorexia). The long-term malnutrition associated with this caused me a range of serious complications and injuries. I over came anorexia and over the years I have made a few attemps to train and race again with a little success however the same injuries kept re-occuring.

In October 2011 I decided to have another go at the age of 41. I have been doing light training between 10 and 20 miles a week which has been going well. I have a sports relaxtion massage  regularly which helps alot. I would recommend this to everyone. ( See www.jbfitnessthearpy.co.uk). I have two vouchers to give away which entitles you to have 20% off any 30-60 minute treatments. They are valid until 15-2-12. If anyone is interested send me a personal message or email. The hour treatment is £30 to give you some idication.

Re the above I have made a decision not to particpate in any of the further cross country races and apolgise for this as I know it is important to have a strong team at these events. The reason for this is that I want to build up my training and stay fit and healthy in 2012 which will enable me to represent the club throughout the year. If things goes well I also hope to run alot faster.

I am pleased to be member of the club once again and will look forward to seeing and running with you at future events.

best wishes

Paul Tomlinson

Jackie Lee

• Author
Re: Happy New Year everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
I did wonder if it was you back again so to speak when I saw your name on Ed's write up

You were just leaving the club / running as I was joining it - doesn't feel like the best part of 15+ years ago though!

Welcome back

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
Re: Happy New Year everyone :)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
Welcome back Paul - I think I've seen you on a few club runs way back and certainly think I've seen you speeding along the seafront in Ramsgate?