Author Topic: Whitstable 5k/Deal 5m  (Read 2053 times)

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
Whitstable 5k/Deal 5m
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
well done to Alex, Terry and Bill who ran the first local park run at Whistable yesterday. It's a weekly 5k if anyone's up that way, and having recently run a 5k series myself, it's a good way to work on the speed!

And to those who ran the Deal 5mile this morning - not sure if the weather was as bad as last year, but I was glad I was on the treadmill this morning..... I'll put details up when they make it onto the Deal site.

John Cooper

• Forum Member
Re: Whitstable 5k/Deal 5m
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »
Deal 5 was well organised and an enjoyable race, apart from the wind and rain. Some great Thanet performances on the day. Well done to Lorraine who ran a PB of 38:28. It was nice to see a reasonable entry from Thanet in both the 1000m junior fun run and the 5 mile race.
On the day i ran for the Police and not Thanet as i had no intention of racing, but incorporating it as part of a long run. Having run to Deal from home in St. Peters having just over an hours rest when i got there so i could watch my son run the 1000m, i ran my 37:13 which was my fastest 5 mile race time for 17 years. Who needs training manuals!!!