Author Topic: Anyone for Cross Training (Biking or Swimming)  (Read 2322 times)

Ian Lockyer

• Committee
Anyone for Cross Training (Biking or Swimming)
« on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
Hi Everyone. 

I know there are a few of you who have participated in Triathlons.  I know there are many of you who taken part in duathlons.  I know that there may be some of you who are injured who may want to cross train to keep you fit whilst you are recupriating.

If you are interested, please let me know.  I am looking to get a group of like minded people in the area informally, on our own steam, to improve these disciplines.  I really want to do this when there is no conflict with club sessions..so Wednesday and Saturdays would be good for cycling and late Monday and Friday night for swimming.

Ian

suttonn

Re: Anyone for Cross Training (Biking or Swimming)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
Hi Ian,

I've been competing in Triathlon for a while and have some good local training groups.  Depending on ability etc they might be useful.  Masters Swimming at Hartsdown, cycling during the week and saturday afternoons?   
I've also been coaching athletes at all distances from sprint to Ironman so if you'd like any help in putting together training plans I'd be happy to help.
Noel

Ian Lockyer

• Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
Hi Noel

Thanks for reply.  Really suprised that there is'nt more interest.  Even though I am still a beginner at Triathlon, I really have enjoyed myself.

I am very interested in your comments.  Will send a freind request to you on Facebook so that I dont publish my phone number or email address in the public domain.

ian

Bob Wild

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »
Hi Ian
As always, i'm interested in getting together for training, especially the swimming, but my evenings are difficult to arrange on a regular basis and I work Saturdays.
Looks like I'll be billy-no-mates :(
Bob