Author Topic: Cross Training Part 2. Interested in joining a TRAC Sub Group of Cyclists?  (Read 1945 times)

Ian Lockyer

• Committee
Cross Training Part 2. Interested in joining a TRAC Sub Group of Cyclists?

I posted about six months ago a request to see if there was anyone interested in cross training.  Maybe to take part in future duathlon's and triathlons or maybe to stay fit and keep in touch with the club if you are injured and unable to run.

Having spoken to a number of people during the weekend’s duathlon, there appears to be an appetite for a cycling session on a Saturday morning.  In fact there are already a number of us who intend to do this year’s London to Brighton cycle ride so this training would come in useful.

I suggest we meet somewhere convenient in Thanet, perhaps Palm Bay at 9.00am and start sensibly building up the miles each week.  I am out of shape and in no mood to overdo it straight away.  I would also suggest that this is just for road bikes and that everyone should come prepared for all eventualities such as punctures.

If anyone is interested, please let me know by contacting me.  I intend to start on Saturday, 2nd February 2013 at 9.00am. 

Ian Lockyer

PS.  If anyone wants to do a Monday late night swimming session, let me know. 

Bob Wild

• Club Member
Ian

I may well be up for a cycle on Sat 2nd, as I'm not working that day...Ill contact you nearer the time.

bob
(p.s. I have to say though, that the thought of getting back on a bike fills me with horror - I haven't been near it since last July)