Author Topic: Unwanted kit  (Read 4728 times)

sanhamr

Unwanted kit
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:20:31 PM »
As some of you are already aware I know someone who collects items of clothing etc. for a little village in Egypt. So far the Club has provided a large quantity of T shirts, trainers and so forth.

What happens is this; club members have provided kit, which in turn I take in to school, where a very caring lady bags it up and takes it to Egypt . She is so well known now Egypt Air wave excess baggage.  The village El Coum, in Luxor, has a very small school where the head teacher holds the clothing. It his him who ensures the clothes go to the most needy at that time.  If any body would like to donate their old kit, it would be most welcome. all sizes child and adult. I can pick it up on meeting nights, and you can let me know via this site.  :) :-* ;D

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
Re: Unwanted kit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »
Got some more trainers Rob - will you be at the meeting this Wednesday? :)

sanhamr

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Hi Ya yep I'll be there this week. Now no more karate, teaching that is :'(, I will now have most Wednesdays free. I might be up for the Monday run tomorrow, 8th, I am still walking during my run though, so don't want to keep others behind.

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:15:01 AM »
Rob it won't be a problem - the second group are very good about coming back and if they are still too quick I'm quite happy to walk with you ;D Give us a chance to catch up xx

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »
Hi Rob, I've got a couple of tops that look a bit crop-toppy (not a good look on me!) I'll bring them along on Wednesday. Ed

sanhamr

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
Hi All thanks for the items of kit that you have given me for Eygpt. Your football boots were greatly received John. Big thanks to Ollie. However the the meeting of 8th Dec will be the last chance to get rid of any unwanted kit, as the teacher responsible for getting the stuff to the village is retiring at Christmas. She has asked me to pass on to you all how much all the donations were appreciated by the village, and to give you all a very big thank you. :-* :)