Author Topic: Secondhand racing bike wanted  (Read 3728 times)

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
Secondhand racing bike wanted
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »
Does anyone have or know someone who is selling a secondhand racing bike?  I am quite keen to try out road cycling but am not too keen as yet to part with shedloads of cash!  Many thanks.

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
Re: Secondhand racing bike wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
Might be worth asking Barbara Gambrill Deb, she did have one

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
Thanks Sharon, but I think that may be the one that Karen bought off her!  Thanks anyway though x

Andy Stevens

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:19:08 PM »
I am thinking of selling mine or swapping for a decent hybrid.

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Thanks Andy, I'm a complete utter novice when it comes to bikes and equipment etc.  What type of bike is it and how much are you looking for?  Thanks.

horsleya

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
Hi Debbie, not sure if you're sorted on the bike front yet. I have an old Raleigh Racer (spray-painted Raleigh Banana from the 90's) that is yours for £50 if you want it. I was going to put it on Ebay but you'd save me the bother. You're welcome to try before you buy and i can email you a couple of pictures. I don't think it would do long-term but might give you a taster. Don't worry if you're not interested. Cheers, Alex

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Hi Alex - I had spoken to Andy Stevens at the w/end as he has one to sell and thought perhaps I should put things on the back burner as I'm marathon training at the moment and it's not a good time.  However, perhaps I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak.  Perhaps you could email me a picture at debbie.hatt@sky.com.  Thanks.

horsleya

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:22:15 PM »
 :) excellent i'll dig it out of the shed and send you a couple of pics over the weekend.