Author Topic: Re Eds news London Marathon 2014 club places  (Read 2009 times)

walkerc

Re Eds news London Marathon 2014 club places
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:09:46 AM »
As the club places are down due to the number of EA members of the club down (?)-can I suggest maybe controversially that only EA members be in the ballot then ???  Probably lots of legit reasons why not etc and may get shouted down but as these places are hotly sought after, is that not fair ?  and  yes am an EA member and yes did get a rejection from VLM and yes do want to enter ballot

OUCH can feel the bats coming......

philpotm

Re: Re Eds news London Marathon 2014 club places
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »
Good Luck to everyone ,
                                  For tomorrow's draw.
Both myself and Pam have been working for the last two years running (no pun intended) . So we didn't even get a chance to enter ! as by the time we got home the following morning entries were closed , Sob Sob  .
We must train harder and try and get a good for age entry place for 2015 (both of us only need three minutes off our marathon time now)
I took the plunge and am going to run for Sense charity . (will gratefully accept any sponsorship)
So hopefully will have a gentle jog round as preparation for Milton Keynes in May.
Berlin well worth doing. It's a great event and a vibrant city to visit .

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
  • Nenikékamen Athens, Veni Vidi Vici Roma.Gorblimey
Re: Re Eds news London Marathon 2014 club places
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:14:14 PM »
Michael I also thought about the charity route, but the amount required to raise was unrealistic in my view... but if that's the way your going put me down for a tenner (and Pam of course) i realise VLM is awesome but as you suggest there's other good European Marathons, I'm back to Athens next month due to a bit of unfinished business...(only managed 16 miles last year) Rome next march (£52 return with Danish air) i note Brighton Marathon charity places are a more realistic £250
anyways... good luck and post your virgin money just giving link here........

Rick......