Author Topic: Ramsgate Rotary 10k - 8th June 14  (Read 5348 times)

danrichards

Ramsgate Rotary 10k - 8th June 14
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »
Hi all

New to the area and relatively new to running, I've joined TRAC, and looking forward to some racing this year.   

I've signed up for the Ramsgate 10k next month. From what I can work out from the course description this isn't a course for a PB..

Has anyone else entered?

Dan

' A 10k running event starting and finishing at Government Acre, An out and back course has been planned.

Heading towards the marina, then turning right into Harbour Parade and continuing along the seafront, up Marina Road and at the top turning onto the path along Victoria Parade (behind Granville Theatre) to King George VI Park. Through the park and along South Cliff Parade, turn right down the slipway at Viking Bay onto slipway at Louisa Bay Broadstairs, turn up the slipway at Louisa Bay and head back towards King George VI Park along Western Esplanade and return to the finish line along the same route taken on the way out. '

Andy Stevens

• Forum Member
Re: Ramsgate Rotary 10k - 8th June 14
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
Hi Dan.  Welcome to the club.  I am not doing this one but doesn't look like a fast course.  Need to get up "Nero's hill", back up the hill into the park then a real drag from the seafront up to Churchill's pub near the end.  Sounds like an interesting course though.  Wonder how they are intending to marshall lots of fast runners down Ramsgate seafront !

danrichards

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
Thanks Andy. Yeah reckon it might be a bit of a nightmare, but we shall see. Pretty much goes past the end of my road so would be rude not to.
Will let you know how it goes - and if there's any TRAC runners up for it (assume most are doing the Harvel 5m that weekend), drop me a line.

danrichards

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »
For what it's worth - here's the route

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1666911

Race is chip timed apparently..

Bill Wright

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »
Well Dan, you will have completed it now. How did you find it? Has it whetted your appetite for the next one?

danrichards

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
Hi Bill - yep dragged myself round. Home advantage counted for little, it was a tough course - hills plus heat. Had trained for sub-45 but was happy accepting 47:35, was totally spent. 
Next up is Herne Bay 13/07, my first entry as a TRAC member, need to get myself a vest ! 

Bill Wright

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 01:09:32 PM »
I may well do the Herne Bay one as it is local to me. I did it 2 years ago and was only a few seconds off my PB so a fast time is more likely there than at Ramsgate.

jonshrub

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »
I too ran the Rotary 10k.

This was my first ever timed event and just wanted to beat the 60min mark.  Came in at 56.31 which pleased me no end considering the course and the heat.

Heard some of the Folkestone runners discussing it being the hardest 10k they had ever raced and it was indeed hilly especially on such a warm day.

Loved the event though and will be signing up for next year.

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »
Well done Jon - nice to get that first one under the belt! And to you too, Bill, Dan - I was tempted, being my home turf, but was a bit too familiar and would feel very much like a normal Sunday run for me!

Bill Wright

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 02:20:15 PM »
I didn't run it Ed, just posted on here. Are you coming over to sunny Herne Bay for the Les Golding 10k on July 13th?

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
no Herne Bay for me - July's a busy one for me already with three events lined up; Canterbury tri this weekend, the civil service 10k on 23rd then Deal on 27th. More than enough to keep me busy!