Thanet Roadrunners > Races

Ramsgate Rotary 10k - 8th June 14

(1/3) > >>

danrichards:
Hi all

New to the area and relatively new to running, I've joined TRAC, and looking forward to some racing this year.   

I've signed up for the Ramsgate 10k next month. From what I can work out from the course description this isn't a course for a PB..

Has anyone else entered?

Dan

' A 10k running event starting and finishing at Government Acre, An out and back course has been planned.

Heading towards the marina, then turning right into Harbour Parade and continuing along the seafront, up Marina Road and at the top turning onto the path along Victoria Parade (behind Granville Theatre) to King George VI Park. Through the park and along South Cliff Parade, turn right down the slipway at Viking Bay onto slipway at Louisa Bay Broadstairs, turn up the slipway at Louisa Bay and head back towards King George VI Park along Western Esplanade and return to the finish line along the same route taken on the way out. '

Andy Stevens:
Hi Dan.  Welcome to the club.  I am not doing this one but doesn't look like a fast course.  Need to get up "Nero's hill", back up the hill into the park then a real drag from the seafront up to Churchill's pub near the end.  Sounds like an interesting course though.  Wonder how they are intending to marshall lots of fast runners down Ramsgate seafront !

danrichards:
Thanks Andy. Yeah reckon it might be a bit of a nightmare, but we shall see. Pretty much goes past the end of my road so would be rude not to.
Will let you know how it goes - and if there's any TRAC runners up for it (assume most are doing the Harvel 5m that weekend), drop me a line.

danrichards:
For what it's worth - here's the route

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1666911

Race is chip timed apparently..

Bill Wright:
Well Dan, you will have completed it now. How did you find it? Has it whetted your appetite for the next one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version