Author Topic: Strava - TRAC group  (Read 2401 times)

danrichards

Strava - TRAC group
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »
Any TRAC runners out there using Strava*?

I've joined TRAC but work away a lot, so can never get back for weekday training. Weekends I'm currently overrun with the madness of 3 small children, so can't any weekend sessions either (at the moment..)

So.. in an effort to remotely connect with any members of TRAC, I've set up a Strava group.

www.strava.com is both a website and a phone app. You can upload runs directly from the app on your phone, upload from your GPS watch, or just insert your runs manually. It's a good way to share routes, support eachother's progress, even some light competition.

Many other clubs already have a presence here, and Folkestone and Orpington seem to be quite involved.

Possibly I'm about to have the TRAC brand police come down on me for setting this up (!), hopefully not. More than happy to pass over ownership of this, or delete if I've jumped the gun.

You can find me on there as the current solitary member (Dan 9) under TRAC club.. Hope to see some of you there..?

Dan

Bill Wright

• Forum Member
Re: Strava - TRAC group
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »
Dan

Some of us use Fetcheveryone.com which I have been using for many years. You upload your runs, there is an email function and various other bits. My "handle" on there is Chestfield Bill. we used to also have a Runners World forum but that has fallen by the wayside since Facebook started to take over the world.

danrichards

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »
Great ! Thanks Bill. Have connected with you on FE and joined the TRAC group as well. I'm on there as Dan9. Cheers

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
Hi Dan, I'm not familiar with Strava, but a few of us upload our runs onto Garmin Connect group that Rick set up  - http://connect.garmin.com/group/335162.

Obviously you need a Garmin though!

danrichards

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
Thanks for this Ed. Yes do indeed run with a garmin, will give it a look - cheers!

Bob Wild

• Club Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
I'm not sure what's wrong with a pencil & paper, never did me any harm.  I've still got a big wall chart from my first time training for a marathon....ah, happy days!

But I'm also on Fetch if you want to link up - as 'lake' - I get the impression (possibly wrongly) that Strava is a bit more competitive than I can cope with.

....and dont worry Dan about not making it to any of the mid-week sessions.  I generally only get to the Sunday sessions too, but mainly to get away from my horrible children :-\.  Sunday runs are grrrrrreat.