Author Topic: Nursted Court Cross Country  (Read 1686 times)

John Cooper

• Forum Member
Nursted Court Cross Country
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Well done to everyone that ran and completed the Kent Fitness League Cross Country today. It was a proper cross country course over a muddy undulating course. It was a real shame however that despite the number of members TRAC have that we were unable to field a team. I know i haven't run them all due to work, but Barbara was the only lady we had running and we need three for a team. Having run Winter Tanners (30mile) last week i was really pleaseed with my time of 47 minutes and a finish place of 161. Hopefully the other Thanet runners enjoyed the course.

Steve Adelsberg

• Club Member
Re: Nursted Court Cross Country
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
I have to agree with John on this matter. I was very disappointed to see so few members bothering to turn out for the club. Bearing in mind how many female runners we have in the club poor Barbara was all alone to represent the ladies team! This is a sad indictment of the mind thoughts of the members when we can turn out so many for the Canterbury half (see race information on this website) yet we cannot provide a team for cross country meets. I understand that XC is not everybodies cup of tea, but we are a running club entered into 'team events' across the county. I know members also have family and work commitments but most people can juggle if they are so minded to support the team and club. It was not that long ago that Trac was well up in the team rankings, lately we are languishing in the bottom third.
Please try to support the club and team in race events in the future, regardless of your ability. If you are in front of another club runner that equals an extra point/position/place to Trac! We are a club but also a team!We need to work together to bring about team and personal success. See you all at future races, team mates!
Steve.