Author Topic: Thanet Marathon  (Read 1971 times)

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
Thanet Marathon
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:09:33 PM »
Dear TRACCIES
Just a note to say a HUGE thank you to all of you who either took part or marshalled/helped organise today's event.  It was my first Thanet Marathon and I thought (as well as other running groups) what a well organised, fantastically organised event it was.  What with Pauline being in three places along the run (and always with a smile) to John being the back runner (I hope you are now home John!), it was such a professional and friendly event to be involved in. 

I would also like to personally thank Mark Foster for writing me a training plan (which I adhered to the letter) and to Sarah Harmes who ventured out with me on several long training runs (after quite a few long drinking sessions together!) and encouraged me on.  I managed to secure a P.B today of 4.12 so was very pleased with that.  Also, to Darren my brother, who happened to be out around Westgate cycling and pushed me to keep running!!!

Also a hello to Rick who I ran alongside on and off for quite a few miles and who I believe it was your first marathon, so a very big well done to you Rick!

Thank you everyone.

Deb x
I look forward to marshalling this event next year and would encourage all you non-marshalasers to get involved as you will definitely enjoy it and without the marshals this even will not be able to continue.

Andy Carter

• Forum Member
  • Brighton Marathon 2011 3 hrs 55 mins
Re: Thanet Marathon
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:26:55 PM »
Debs,

WELL DONE Fantastic Time, but are you sure that tan is real looked a little too wet to be real sure you had not sprayed it on before the race lol

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
Jealousy will get you nowhere Andy - some of us are natural tanners and some of us just pale into significance!!!  If you can't stand the heat ...

Hope your injury is on the mend very soon.

Deb x

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
I meant insignificance!!! My blonde is natural too!!!!!!  ;)