Author Topic: Sittingbourne 10 - Sunday 2nd Oct.  (Read 5931 times)

Debbie Hatt

• Club Member
Sittingbourne 10 - Sunday 2nd Oct.
« on: September 28, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »
Any chance of a car share for Sunday?  I only need a one way lift as am going "up North" following the race?  Obviously I can make my way to wherever you live??  Thanks x

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
Re: Sittingbourne 10 - Sunday 2nd Oct.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
Deb if you give Steve Clarke a call I think he has room :)

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
  • Nenikékamen Athens, Veni Vidi Vici Roma.Gorblimey
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
I noted online entries should have been closing today friday 30th but it has allready been closed!

Rick......... i'll be there... but i'm miffed......

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »
That's a bit naughty - it can;t be that they're full, as there's no message on their site.

Looks like we have a fair turn out tomorrow - see you in the morning!!

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
is Debbie sorted for a lift? i have room in a car.... Rick Mob 07777 658221  ....but  if all sorted i will be zipping up on a motorbike... making the most of the sunshine!

Rick

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »
Thanks Rick -- she is sorted  - see you there!

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
Superb sense of team membership today thank you, good club turnout, glorious sunshine and I spent ten miles trying to avoid it, running in the shadows whenever they appeared. good to see the whole team got home safe in the heat.  my spot prize was a fine pair of socks...(my first prize in 15 races yippee!)
whats next?

inspired by the news letter (Jackie, Antwerp) Jerry, TRIaholic) my Claude Butler Elite road bike arrives Wednesday (courtesy of the ride to work scheme!) i just need to polish up my swimming... i can do the distance but am without speed or style ( a lot like my running then!)
Does anyone have a turbo trainer that needs a new home?

Rick Ryder

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
I second that - HUGE thanks to the guys who were waiting with cold drinks when I staggered across the line and kept me on my feet and moving!  Never felt that awful in an event and have been far less knackered after a marathon!

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
Absolutely - great sense of teamness about it all yesterday.  I shall give my lunchtime recovery run today a miss, I think .....

Next up grand prix wise is the Deal 5, but ther cross country start's before then (23rd October) - I've listed them, but I'll send those fixtures around in the next few days.

Glad you're taking the plunge into the multi event sphere - look forward to seeing how you get on with that!

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
Cross Country.. last time i did that (1973)  Mr Marshall the PE teacher gave me 6 whacks of the white plimsoll for taking a short cut!(anyone seen the film KES? thats what he was like!)
(Hugh Christie Tonbridge, of Dame Kelly Holmes fame!) would i need spikes for that? or would normal trainers suffice? if its anything like the Minnis duathlon in January i spent more time searching for my trainers left behind in the mud than i did running...(so i need diving boots!) and you don't want to know the effects of those frozen dykes on my gear! anyways i'm in Greece 20-27th so i shall miss the first one.....

Rick Ryder

Bill Wright

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
Better late than never, but can I just add my thanks to everybody for their company on Sunday, especially Steve for the lift. Going in a "team bus" does help to increase your motivation. I have already signed up for Deal 5 so I dare say there will be a few of us there.

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
Completely agree Bill - great to have a crowd out! I'm in for Deal already, and I'm sure we'll have a decent turnout for a very local trip!

Sharon Foster

• Club Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Told you it wasn't worth me going!! Nil points!!  ;)

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:48:49 AM »
you were only four spots off a point! And besides, you got some nice socks - tried mine yesterday, and very nice they are too!