How to join
We at Thanet Roadrunners welcome new membership throughout the year from juniors to veterans of varying abilities and any background. If you want to be involved in an enjoyable sport, get fit, try to be an Olympic athlete, or just run for fun, then come and join Thanet Roadrunners. Getting involved is straightforward. Simply come along to a training session; there's no need to join first. Try us out and then make your decision.
Becoming a club member is incredibly cheap – just £15 for the whole year for an adult! Check the entry form for details of all the joining rates. The membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March, but if you join after 1stOctober, you need only pay half the joining fee.
NB: for renewals in 2017 please note that you must pay your fees by 30 April at the latest or you will be classed as a new joiner. This will affect your eligibility to enter the London Marathon draw if you are EA affiliated. Please pay attention especially to sections relating to membership of England Athletics! The EA Portal does not open for renewals until 1st April but once open the membership secretary will complete the application process for members.
- Appreciating that some of our members are not online, we will post the renewal application form with the AGM notices in March. They will also be made available at the monthly meetings and during our weekly runs.
- If you are a new member and wish to join online, please sign up at: https://www.thanetroadrunners.org.uk/secure/signup . Please note that for multiple, ‘Family’ and 'couple' memberships – you will need to apply separately for each person. The first person should pay for the membership, the other ones select 'offline' payment and the membership secretary will activate their memberships once the first person’s payment is confirmed.
Alternatively, the current membership form can be downloaded from our site and sent or handed to our membership secretary (details are on the form). Download the form at the bottom of this page.
- If applying by post, write a cheque made payable to Thanet Roadrunners AC for the appropriate amount and send with the completed membership form to the Membership Secretary. Alternatively, you can pay by cash in person.
- Your membership will be processed. It will usually be necessary for a club meeting or committee meeting to take place for your membership to be officially registered. You cannot claim to be a member of the club until this has happened.
- If you wish to be a member of England Athletics, please tick the box on the membership form. This is not required of social runners, but is required for people wishing to compete in certain championship races. The club will apply for membership of England Athletics on your behalf. The EA membership year also runs from 1st April to 31st March, costing £14 per year, but they do not provide a discount if joining after September. Juniors do not need to pay the extra £14 EA affiliation fee. This is covered by the increase in Club fees. Parents/Guardians just need to tick the box for those athletes who are eligible -please check with the Coaches at the track.
- You will receive a membership pack and card. You can now enter races as a member of Thanet Roadrunners AC. However, officially you must wait until you are registered with England Athletics to claim affiliated membership for races and not pay entry levy of EA affiliated races. Unfortunately, it can take some time for your EA card and pack to arrive, as they come direct from EA. To qualify for Championship Races you have to affiliate as an individual athlete - this is an EA Rule despite the fact that the Club is affiliated
- We are able to keep our fees so reasonable because of the events that we put on throughout the year. Members are encouraged to help out at as many events as they can and at least one event per year.
Sign up to the Thanet Roadrunners AC newsletter for regular club news, announcements and more.
|Hills training||27 Apr 17|
|Club Meeting and AGM||10 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 1||23 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 2||30 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 3||13 Jun 17|
|Summer BBQ||23 Jun 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 4||27 Jun 17|