Junior Newsletter March 2017
Welcome to the March Newsletter.
Here is a roundup of the March action……
Saturday 11th March: National Inter county Cross Country
This year the CAU Inter-Counties Cross Country was held at Prestwold Hall, Loughborough. Entrants from some 42 counties from around the country field a team of 8 of their best athletes in each age group. Three TRAC juniors proudly represented Kent in their respective age groups.
- U13 Girls Jenny Swandale finished 67th out of a total of 304 runners and 5th Kent athlete (3km 13:58)
- U13 Boys Sam King on his debut for the county finished 142nd out of a total of 304 runners and 7th Kent athlete (3km 13:17)
- U15 Girls Beth Williams finished in 37th position out of 295 runners and was 2nd Kent athlete (4km 16:42)
On Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th March TRAC junior Haydn Gaffon competed at Lee Valley Indoor Kent County Championships.
This was Haydns first time running indoors and what a weekend he had! He ran 800m in 2:22 minutes and also ran himself in to a ranking of 36th in the country for U15 boys with a speedy 1500m in 4:48 minutes.
Saturday 18th March:
English Schools Cross Country Championships in Norwich saw Beth Williams run a fantastic race to take 39th position overall and was the 1st Kent finisher in her race for Under 15 girls.
Saturday 25th March South East Schools Inter Counties Cross Country U13 & U14 Reigate. Surrey
This year Surrey hosted the 5 county showdowns between, Essex, Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
4 races year 7 and Year 8 girls and boys each County with up to 20 entrants.
4 of our juniors were part of the Kent teams:
- U13 Girls Jenny Swandale 8th overall and 2nd for Kent Schools (3.2km 12:25)
- U13 Boys Dylan Leach 51st overall and 12th for Kent schools (3.2km 11:55)
- U14 Girls Darcy Hobbs 41st and 8th foe Kent schools (3.2km 12:46)
- U14 Boys Sam King 37th overall and 9th for Kent schools (3.7km 12:58)
On the same day Saturday 25th March the National Primary Schools cross country was held back at Prestwold Hall, Loughborough. Athletes were hand-picked to represent their respective counties and for most it would be their first taste of such a big event.
Three of our juniors ran their socks off and did exceptionally well.
- Year 5 boys - Franklin Shepherd finished 75th in a field of 239 with him and his team mates securing Team Silver for Kent!!!!
- Year 5 girls - Grace Cummings finished 30th in a field of 224 and was 3rd Kent runner
- Year 6 girls - Lola Sutton finished a magnificent 5th place in a field of 240 and was the 1st Kent finisher.
A HUGE WELL DONE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS COMPETED IN TH LAST MONTH
Results can be found on Power of 10 http://www.thepowerof10.info/results/resultslookup.aspx
Some of our juniors also run in the weekly local park runs at Margate and Pegwell Bay on Saturday 5km and on Sunday at Hartsdown park for 4-14 year olds 2km course.
Take a look ….park run is free and there is an event every week. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/
Next newsletter will be posted end of April, moving into Track season for the summer there will be plenty of events to report on.
If you are interested in having a look at what fixtures are coming up here are a couple of links that lists up and coming events in the next few weeks/months http://www.thepowerof10.info/fixtures/fixtureslookup.aspx or http://www.kcaa.org.uk/
Please don’t forget to send any extra infornation in or even photos to brighten up the pages if you would like to!
Thanks and see you next month
Happy Running J
Annual news archives
Sign up to the Thanet Roadrunners AC newsletter for regular club news, announcements and more.
|Hills training||27 Apr 17|
|Club Meeting and AGM||10 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 1||23 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 2||30 May 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 3||13 Jun 17|
|Summer BBQ||23 Jun 17|
|East Kent Road Relay Series 2017 - round 4||27 Jun 17|