Author Topic: Thanet 20  (Read 1917 times)

Debbie Hatt

• Forum Member
Thanet 20
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
Once again another fabulous race organised by a superb club.  A huge well done and thank you to Andy and his amazing team of organisers both on the course and behind the scenes.  The marshals, as always, were full of encouragement and it couldn't have been easy for some of them still being out after four hours plus in the wind and rain, but always ready with a cheery smile and a well done.  It was a great race which I can actually say I enjoyed (though not wholeheartedly throughout the full 20 miles), and to have the support of my fellow runners and also the crew at the start, during and finish of the course just makes it all that bit more satisfying.  You guys do a great job - well done! x
 :)

Bill Wright

• Club Member
Re: Thanet 20
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
I would second that wholeheartedly. This is probably our most demanding race for marshals as the March weather is usually a lot worse than the September weather when the marathon is run. Many thanks to one and all for their encouragement, I even had somebody shouting at me from the top of the cliffs. Every little helps.