Author Topic: Coastal Marathon 1st September  (Read 1844 times)

Bill Wright

• Club Member
Coastal Marathon 1st September
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
Although I swore blind after finishing London 2012 that I would never run another marathon, I have had a bit of a "Redgrave" moment and I am thinking about running our marathon in September. The only problem is that I am slow and my target time would be to break 5 hours. The last time I ran our race I found it a bit soul-destroying as over the last 6 miles or so there was nobody within sight either ahead of me or behind me.

Is there anybody in the club who perhaps wants to try their first marathon and is looking for somebody to go round with. Alternatively are there any of the old hands looking for a slow run that day? It is a Grand Prix and Club Championship.

Ian Lockyer

• Club Member
Re: Coastal Marathon 1st September
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
Hi Bill

I am aiming to get into fitness for May when I will be starting Marathon training.  My aim is to help someone else at the club around.  That will give me 16 weeks to get into good condition to do my best.

As you probably know, I am not the fastest runner but would gladly support you in your training and vice versa.

Ian

Bill Wright

• Club Member
Re: Coastal Marathon 1st September
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Ian, I might be up for that. I have not decided 100% to do it yet, but thanks for the offer.