Author Topic: Runners World website  (Read 2829 times)

Bill Wright

• Club Member
Runners World website
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
I subscribed to the RW mag for several years and then stopped. I set up a forum called Fans of Thanet on the RW website which a number of TRAC members contributed to. Recently when I went into RW I found all my bookmarks have disappeared. I tried adding the forum back in, I tried adding our coastal marathon forum to my bookmarks, but again it wouldn't do it.

Does anybody know if RW have quietly changed their rules so that the only way you can use virtually anything on the site is by subscribing to the mag? I don't do Facebook so if folk don't contribute on this Forum and I cannot get into the RW Forum any more then it really is a case of the loneliness of the long distance runner!

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
Re: Runners World website
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
I noticed that too Bill - a real faff. I managed to bookmark events but not forums. I wouldn't mind betting it is a deliberate ploy to try and get more subscribers, but with so much info out there, it's more likely to turn people away. Santa has sometime got me the 3 issues for cheap , then I cancel, as it does start to get a bit samey.

Jackie Lee

• Author
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »
The bookmarks - amongst many other things - have been royally messed up by the last supposed "upgrade" which was around 2 or 3 weeks ago, maybe slightly more

There are several threads complaining about it but Runners World is completely ignoring everyone who is complaining

If TRAC as a club wishes to put in a complaint - as apparently online entries are not working properly either - then I am sure they won't be the only one

This is not a subscriber v. non-subscriber issue - just their almighty b*lls up I'm afraid!!

Bill Wright

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
Jackie, nice to know it's not just me then!