Author Topic: thanet 10 SUGGESTION ONLY this is not official!  (Read 3602 times)

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
  • Nenik├ękamen Athens, Veni Vidi Vici Roma.Gorblimey
thanet 10 SUGGESTION ONLY this is not official!
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
 may i suggest alternative10 mile route

walk from hall to form up at westgate bay   nr toilets
run towards margate along seawall coming up the carpark slope opp barnes ave, turn right to run back towards westgate/birchington along royal esplanade westgate bay ave sea view rd stay on road/ footpath to epple bay down the slope at epple along seawall untill the end of minnis bay, up the steps back along towards the minnis carpark along the parade, cliff rd, spencer rd,(through alley) epple bay ave, around epple bay  drop back onto sea wall finish beneath wesgate pavillion up the slope back into the hall! approx  10 miles using map my route!

marshalls required

1) direct runners up through car park and slope from sea wall (OPP BARNES AVE)
2) to turn runners right on royal espanade opp barnes ave
3) with mine/police tape junctions off old boundery rd, beach rd, sussex rd (3 marshalls required!) 
4)direct runners down the slope at epple bay saying down the slope turn left!
5)up the steps at the end of minnis bay (saying up the steps turn left)
6) across grass minnis carpark and beach slope minnis (2 required)
7) top of beresford gap
8)spencer rd epple bay ave alley (one each end warning pedestrians)
9) westgate bay directing runners back onto sea wall

i'm off all week Ed so be happy to run a wheel over the route and mark and measure?

Rick Ryder (Westgate bay area!)

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
Re: thanet 10 SUGGESTION ONLY this is not official!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
Thanks Rick - I'll let Derek know. He was going to try and sort something out. It would need to be something that stopped short of Margate, as you suggest.

We'll see what happens, eh?

Rick Ryder

• Club Member
  • Nenik├ękamen Athens, Veni Vidi Vici Roma.Gorblimey
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »
the easiest option of course, is just to set off from westgate pavilion along to epple bay, drop down and along the sea wall,  run halfway to reculver around a traffic cone at the five mile point and dash for home! simples...said the meerkat!  (everyone keep left!)

Sharon Foster

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:44:19 AM »
Hi all - really wish I'd checked our website while in Oz - could have let someone have the login for runners world and got the event cancelled - sorry!  Blimmin TDC - why do we bother filling in permission forms at all?!!

Bill Wright

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »
Sharon, it is all to do with the famous left hand/ right hand syndrome. I recently got two letters in the same post from the VATman, one giving me an activation code for online VAT, the other welcoming me to online VAT.

As more and more experienced people get made redundant, take early retirement or whatever we are going to find ourselves increasingly dealing with undertrained youngsters who do not have a clue and who are being paid minimum wage. We are all going to have to get used to it. I don't trust anybody to do their job properly nowadays and try to take a "belts and braces" approach to any business dealings I have to make. God help us all.