Author Topic: Great North Run  (Read 3537 times)

Andy Carter

• Forum Member
  • Brighton Marathon 2011 3 hrs 55 mins
Great North Run
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »
Received my number today, got a prettu good starting position, have zone D which is 3 zones back from th eelite runners goes all the way back to zone K, so more than happy, number is 12359 if anyone wants to look out for me on the TV only joking!! ;D

Ed Heardman

• Forum Member
Re: Great North Run
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
Nice one Andy! Best of luck for 18th Sept - same day as the Quicksand - and let us know how you get on!!

John Cooper

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
Having run the race 3 times myself found it to be a good course however numbers make it difficult to run a fast time. Last time i ran it i was three sones back from start and found people were taking no notice of the zones, walked almost 2 miles before being able to start running normally and passed numerous people in the first 2 miles that were in fancy dress and walking. Hopefully they have now got the zoned areas organised better so that you get a chance to run from the start so that all your hard work training pays off.  Good luck Andy, have a good run.

Andy Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
Ed, John,

Thanks am really looking forward to it, yes know it same day as quicksands but I entered this at the begining of the year,  I have Zone D as well John so yes lets hope as I would like a sub 2 hrs if possible as I can normally do that for the distance.

Sharon Foster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Enjoy it Andy - will record the highlights and look for you - can you dye your hair pink!!!

Andy Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:56:21 PM »
Sharon,

Thanks but I am sure there will be plenty of others there with pink hair, so you apart from the club running vest, you'll have to think of something else, and NO I am not running in any fancy dress.